Seriously Simple Podcasting
Ideal to start with as the simplicity of Seriously Simple Podcasting sets it apart from the rest. With a streamlined interface and a short configuration process, this is a user-friendly podcasting solution that can be set up quickly and enables users to broadcast multiple shows from the same WordPress website so you can focus on recording your podcast.
- Run multiple podcasts from the same site – each with their own, unique RSS feed.
- Gather thorough statistics using the free stats add-on.
- Supports both audio and video podcasting.
- Podcast and Series taxonomies help you manage your podcast episodes.
- Shortcodes and widgets for displaying podcast episode lists, as well as single episodes anywhere on your site.
Perhaps the most intriguing feature of Blubrry PowerPress is the Podcast SEO feature. It enables you to specify custom episode titles for RSS feeds, and provides guidance on how to make your podcast more visible on Google and iTunes.
- Simple and advanced modes.
- Full iTunes and Google Play support.
- Integrated HTML5 media players.
- Podcasting SEO functionality.
- Simple podcast importing from SoundCloud, Libsyn, Podbean, Squarespace, or another podcast RSS feed.
Podlove Podcast Publisher
Podlove Podcast Publisher has been built with WordPress in mind. It comes bundled with a subscription feature and a detailed analytics engine.
A key differentiating feature is Podlove’s custom templating system. It enables you to access every piece of code related to your podcast data, so you can modify the appearance and experience for your audience.
- Ships with a subscription feature.
- Powerful analytics.
- HTML5-compatible web player with touch support.
- Chapter support to help manage episodes.
- A flexible templating system, and modular by nature.
Buzzsprout Podcasting is another premium solution with a free WordPress plugin. It offers iTunes support, HTML5 players, statistics, and more.
Their free plan allows for up to two hours of podcasting a month, with hosting for just 90 days. The cheapest plan thereafter – which includes indefinite hosting – is $12 per month.
- External hosting.
- Simple podcast migration tool.
- HTML5 players.
- Powerful play-by-play analytics engine.
Podcasting fits into people’s lives and allows you to build a stronger relationship with your audience. One of the plugins above should fit to serve so you can spend money on hosting storage and a good microphone.